Fullmetal Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Courthouse.

3 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Courthouse. Empty Courthouse.

Post by kotaro7914 Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 am

The courthouse was a great many years old and had a classic look. Multiple pillars were outside the courthouse and multiple people were waiting for the trial of the Ex-State Alchemist.

Dante, Nero, Resha, and Rose walked up to the courthouse. As soon as they were seen, photographers surrounded them. Nero cleared them out as they reached the main courtroom. Dante sat down at the defenders table.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Godai (staff)
Secondary: Lightning Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Courthouse. Empty Re: Courthouse.

Post by neon kun Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 am

[OH LOL! i'm also in a courtroom in CZ! HAHA lol this is funny]

Resha hung her down as flashes came all around them. She was grateful to Nero's quick reaction and assistance.

As soon as Kotaro, Rose and Nero was seated in the defendant's table, Resha was ushered to the plaintiff's (oh, lol, this is so nostalgic xD).

"Wait," she said. "I am here on his account, I should be in the defendant's table!" But they didn't listen to her.
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info
Stats: 3
Power: Scalpal and Poison
Secondary: Basic Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 am

[Really? LOL thats funny! XD]

Dante saw Resha was taken away to the plaintiff's. His first action was that of going after her, but he knew he shouldn't. Instead he sighed and nodded to Rose. "Go with her, this isn't your trial."

Rose looked down, not sure whether to stay with Dante or go to Resha.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:32 am

[yeah! xD this is a funny coincidence!! though i'm gonna go to the defendant's table this time. i be in the plaintiff's on CZ!]

Resha stood up and shrugged their hold on her. "Stop this," she said, irritated. "I am part of the defense," and she almost ran towards Kotaro and Rose and Nero.

"That was weird!~" she chirped. "Anyway," she looked at the bench - the judge's raised desk - and was seated by... "Von Karm...!"
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Dante nodded as Resha joined them and looked to see the judge. So thats his connection to this. He heard Resha shout Von Karm's name and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Silence. Please Resha."

Rose sneered at Von Karm.

Nero walked up to the judge and stood as security.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 pm

She nodded. "We're winning this case," she said. "And no wonder he was so high and mighty and stuff."

neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Dante nodded. He is used to a high deal of respect.

"All rise for the honorable judge Von Karm." Nero said straightly.

Everyone in the courtroom rise.

"You may be seated." Nero said.

They all sat down and prepared for the opening of the case. Rose was playing with her fingers like a nervous child.

kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Von Karm slammed down his gavel and cleared his throat. "Yes, to make it clear, this is a bench trial - no juries will participate as this is the second trial for this day on the same case," he looked over once. "Is the prosecution ready?"

The prosecutor nodded. "The prosecution is ready, Your Honor."

"And the defense?" he looked over to where Kotaro, Resha and Rose were. The defense lawyer nodded. "Yes, Your honor."

"All right, the prosecution may say their opening statement."

The prosecutor nodded. "The Lightning's Pain alchemist has gotten the guilty sentence on account of using unstable alchemy and unleashing its rage on military personnel, stealing Doctor Resha's research and continuing the abandoned project titled Silas. A new name appeared that was not in the earlier trial, wherein Doctor Resha was not present, and this name is L.E. possibly trying to frame military personnel Hazkam. Though this new name came up - the verdict should stand: he still committed grave offenses."

Resha sighed to herself. That was a long opening statement and it didn't sound very promising on their side.

neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Dante stood up. "If the judge will allow me, I would like to defend myself in this case."

There was a large buzz through the people in the court. No one who had defended themselves had ever actually won in a court case. Nero had raised an eyebrow at such a statement. What does he have planned?

Rose quickly looked at Dante then to Resha. "What is he doing?"
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:17 pm

"Objection!" The prosecutor slammed his hand on the plaintiff's table. "He is no lawyer, Your Honor, thus he is not eligible to defend himself."

Resha looked at Rose. "I've no idea, really," she said, really having not even the slightest of ideas. "This is really risky!"

The judge coughed. "Well, the prosecution has a point and our law only allows defendants to defend themselves in court only if they are an attorney..."

He mused out loud, Von Karm. "But I'll give an exception this time." He slammed his gavel and announced that Kotaro will be defending himself.

Oh, no. Resha thought. He gave in too easily, he probably have something in his sleeve.
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:57 am

Dante nodded. "Thank you your honor." He stood back up and prepared his statement, knowing Von Karm had something to attack him with. "Your honor, I have lived a complicated life. Make that 2 complicated live's. Each one containing military laws being violated in order to commit expreiments that abolish the humanitarian laws. Although this is not an excuse for my actions, you must know that the unstable alchemy isn't my fault." He looked at Von Karm. "As a prototype clone, I was created in a faulty way. Resha here, in an effort to make me a better experiment, unknowingly made me unstable. This results in alchemy I cannot control. Hence it is a military fault, not mine."

Nero raised an eyebrow.

Dante continued. "Project Silas was canceled, and I did steal the research. However...." He paused. "....I completed Silus, who is now under military jurisdiction and a loyal soldier. I have also allowed chimera, human chimera even, to be allowed to live normal lives. This has settled unrest by civilians who had suspicians as well as those who were starting to do some 'digging'."

Rose blinked. "I don't believe it. He actually knows what he's doing."

"L.E. has not been captured but I have given all info on him to the brass. Now with the discovery of the Large Eye Clan in the open, it will keep the streets and military more secure." He closed his eyes. "I do admit I stole documents as well as infiltrated military territory. However, as an EX-State Alchemist, I should have been informed of ALL experiments I was involved in or had a part in. If told, I wouldn't have done any of those things." He looked at Von Karm Awaiting his reply..
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 am

He nodded. "The court accepts his testimony - a cross-examination is in order now," he looked at the prosecution. "Though, we're doing this reversely, we'll make it an exception."

The prosecutor stood up and slammed his hand. "Objection!" he yelled. "Defendant," he looked at Kotaro. "So you are saying you're a faulty experiment by Doctor Resha? I see," he looked up. "Your Honor, there is a reason why Doctor Resha wasn't present in the trial earlier. She's in cohorts with this man!"

"Objection!" the defense lawyer slammed his hand. "That is irrelevant in this case!"

"Objection overruled," the judge spoke too quickly. "We will deal with this matter later. But it would make sense if she was."

The prosecutor continued. "And you may have completed Silus who," he took out a case file. "Isn't known to the many lot of the military. He is an undersigned soldier whom was just used recently, ergo, he's unauthorized. The fact that he is a stolen research, completed by an ex state alchemist and that he was made outside is questionable," he said. "Regarding that, it was said that he did so under the aid of a man called L.E."

"And allowed human chimera to live? Who are you to make that decision? As long as you have no permit, neither are you a doctor, then you have no say in that matter," he showed the case file again. "I have gotten all the files that are compiled, though they are in summary only, the list of permissions for all biological weapons. As such, human chimeras, as it is illegal in our law, is not part of its jurisdiction. Ergo, this brings up a matter of a different offense - a grave one at that."

"As for the matter of experimentation," And he looked at Resha, finally, who looked away, realizing what he was intending to do. "I believe the doctor can explain why the defendant is not informed of all experiments he was involved in?"

"Well?" Von Karm pressed. Resha sighed. "That was lieutenant Garsher's uhm, responsibility. But Kotaro was... uhm, during then.. didn't react really well to it... so I was ordered to remove all memories of it," she hung her head low. "Had we left it at his state during then... he would've died and the project would've been terminated."

The prosecutor smiled. "Thank you. Now, that answers that last part, I believe, Your Honor."

He nodded. "Certainly."
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:26 am

Dante's expression remained blank. He didn't show any worry or fear. "Silus was at first activated by L.E. true, but Hazkam overruled it when he discovered Silus. Although unofficial, Silus is still under military jurisdiction if not as a soldier, then as a freelance."

"It was not me who allowed human chimera to live your honor, I only aided in the matter." He said. "After the discovery of human chimera, which as yo said was illegal, yet was being created and...." H motioned to Nero. ".....Who Nero is. He is in charge of a whole battalion of human chimera, UNDER the military's jurisdiction and law. Human chimera's were giving their freedom under the order of Brigadier General Hazkam following their imminent discovery. As part of all military experiments, Hazkam had the authority to do so and even consulted the brass on the matter. They were surprised of course that they were created but they approved the human chimera's freedom and signed the release forms. Surly you have those?"

"And erasing my memories, to keep me breathing and alive." He looked at Resha. "I already knew of that. What I meant...." He looked a the judge. "...Is why I wasn't informed of project Lock, a creation of mine which the base recorded me as PROFESSOR Kotaro." He glanced around the court. "Lock, as my creation, was my responsibility even if I was outside the military." He knew he mentioned Lock and it could damage him, but he had a trick up his sleeve.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:35 am

"Objection," the prosecutor spoke. "As the judge would attest, there is no such thing as freelance in the military. Order is definite. And, Hazkam has just been recently reinstated. The records do not show any files for this overruling."

"Certainly," the judge replied. "That is a case against him, then. And no, I'm afraid I have not received such release forms. Human chimeras are touchy subjects - neither the brass nor Hazkam filed such release forms. Aside from that, to release these forms, they have to consult to the division of Doctor Resha, who heads such experiments."

The prosecutor nodded. "So have you signed such release forms, Doctor Resha?"

She blinked in surprise. "Uh. N-no, I haven't. I had heard nothing about this matter," she didn't like it. The brass and Hazkam never did like her much but that was insane. This was her right they were trampling on. That division was her only real focus and they were taking it away.

"There you have it," the prosecutor spoke. The judge nodded, slamming his gavel. "Nero's case will be considered more at a different time."

"Objection, Your Honor," the prosecutor spoke, referring to Kotaro's last testimony. "Professor Kotaro?" he raised an eyebrow. "Project Lock is considered a malignant subject. And no creation is subjected to a civilian. It is part of the contract of terminated military personnel. They cannot handle military matters if they are not part of the military."

The judge slammed his gavel when murmurs arose. "Order! I will have order! This is shocking news. I have heard of project Lock. But what the prosecutor spoke of was true. Military matters are for military men only. It cannot be handled by a civilian, especially not ex-military personnel. Is that clear?"
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 am

Dante nodded. "It was locked by a military personnel scanner. When I placed my hand on the scanner, it allowed me to do whatever I waned with Lock, calling Professor Kotaro. I may no longer be military, but Lock was created by me when I was in the military and my data wasn't erased."

Dante placed hi thumb nd forefinger on his chin. "Yes, people have been doing a lot of things without Doctor Resha's approval. Yet this matter hasn't been discussed till now. You haven't the release forms, so ask Hazkam, has he seen such release forms and has he signed them. He and Garsher did many things without the military knowing.

Hazkam shifted nervously in his seat.

"Hazkam has recently been reinstated, that is true, but he remained in jail AFTER his trial proved him innocent. He still had authority while in jail and papers were handed to him IN the cell BY military personnel." He continued. "The Brass signed the forms after Hazkam had. Of course the forms are labeled in highly classified, and are being held in a security case. I had thought they would have shown such a thing to you, but I was wrong." He closed his eyes. "So why not ask Hazkam, under oath, if he signed the forms and where they are?"
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:09 am

The judge shook his head. "Even so, Kotaro. Military information, belongings and anything military must NOT be accessed by outsiders, even if you were once a military personnel. So in short, you have no right anymore for Lock. That's a case against you. You should know better."

The prosecutor agreed. "Aside from that," he looked at Hazkam. "Will Hazkam speak about this matter?"

"Oh!" he squeaked. "Well, it's just that... Doctor Resha is always out - yes! That's it. She's always out that we couldn't get hold of her to sign these release forms!"

The prosecutor looked at Kotaro. "Authority while in jail? That's barbaric."

"Well, Hazkam, swear under oath and testify."
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:20 am

Dante nodded. "Case against me or not, I would like to produce this. I want to be rid of it whether it will hurt my case or not." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a flask holding the ashes of Lock. "This is all that remains of Lock. Like you said he is military property." He placed it on the table.

Hazkam stood up and swore under oath. "It is true your honor. I was still in partial authority while in prison. The brass knew about my projects and wanted them continued and only I knew what to do. Resha had no notice on the matter because she was gone at the time. When she did return she was busy with the other late projects to sign the forms. Me and the brass signed the forms and released the human chimera into the populace, them now being as normal as everyday humans to the populace. I admit we should have waited for Resha to sign them, but she was way behind schedule on her projects."

kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:28 am

"Evidence accepted in court," the judge said as someone took the flask with the remains of Lock. "Understand this, Kotaro, unleashing Lock whether by accident or not is a crime. It may be a part of your project when you were still a military member but you will be punished for this."

"Not an excuse, Hazkam," the judge spoke. "Under the contract, human chimeras are not allowable to be made or dispatch in public. This is now a case against you, and when you've just gotten out of jail too."

He slammed his gavel. "I think I've heard enough. My verdict? He will be duly punished but not executed. Details of what your punishments and contract will be given later. This trial is adjourned."
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 am

Dante nodded but a great anger had built up inside of him. He made sure to keep it hidden by pulling up his hood, but anyone who was right next to him would be able to notice. I'll die before you trap those chimera again.

Hazkam nodded. "I will serve as much time and take any punishment."

Nero gritted his teeth, his sharp canines grinding. Human chimera, trapped when they were just given freedom.

Rose looked down. She fought back the tears that were building.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:47 am

"Can I raise a topic that has been bothering me?" Resha said in haste, and unsure of what to do about it.

"It's something about cloning and these human chimeras."
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:49 am

Dante glanced at Resha. He said nothing, but a look of confusion was on his face.

Rose looked at her. "Resha..."
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:57 am

"I was given authority to do human transmutations. And all these human chimeras are now living their lives normally. I would not allow further desecration on their lives. So this is what I say: leave these ones to live on their own. But there should be no other batches to be made after them," she said.

"And, the brass has authority on a particular research base. But there, along with the general, where Lock was found, were also multiple clones of me. They were breeding me; my big brother also saw them. So please, I would like to know who is responsible for this. As you know, my big brother made a strict order that I was not to be cloned."
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:01 am

Dante looked away. No more batches made, good and the ones free can remain free. But the military wasn't going to just stop. The her clones, which also puzzled him. Hazkam said he had no idea of the cloning. Garsher could be the only other one, but he was dead, so he couldn't keep the breeds going. "The southern research base. the clones and lock were underground." He whispered.

Rose was thinking the same thing about the chimera.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by neon kun Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:19 am

The judge was thoughtful but nodded. "Record that statement, make a contract and I shall bring it up to the fuhrer," he told the person beside him. "Though, it would be a lot easier if only the general is here," he sighed. "Until further notice, I accept that, Doctor Resha. All's that's left is to make it official." He wasn't going to risk saying no in front of all these people.

"But you - cloned?" the murmurs grew louder. "Find who's responsible for this!" he pointed at a random guy, frantic. "Does-does the general know about this?"
neon kun
neon kun

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by kotaro7914 Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:23 am

Dante answered the question. "If you mean General Zane then yes, he knows." He gave a wry smile, just small enough to be barely noticeable. He was glad they were considerate of Resha's word and fear of Zane. It helped with the things he was more concerned about.
kotaro7914
kotaro7914

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next