Fullmetal Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Grounds

+3
SamSeven
Yoyo
Destinykil
7 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sacred Grounds - Page 5 Empty Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by Zane Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:16 am

Zane followed behind. "Well, I hope there's something I can make money out of," he absently said.

The place was ancient, that much was obvious. If it hasn't been raided yet, he might just find something worth the exploration.

"So what's your deduction, Dwy?" he asked as he watch her being so intent on the pillar.

Zane

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:31 am

She slowly turned and looked at the two of them, suprised they were right behind her. "I'm not really sure. This pillar's not...right." Dwyrin jogged to the next pillar in line. "Neither is this one."

After checking a few more pillars, she stopped and looked around. "Is there a door somewhere that I don't see??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:38 am

Rei let the statement sink in before looking around in confusion. She really was at a loss for words, thoughts, and anything else she might need. For whatever reason, these ruins were completely beyond her. "Or maybe I'm just off my game today."

After a brief examination of the area, Rei frowned. "Maybe it's in the floor," she said, rubbing her head. She was getting a headache for no apparent reason.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 am

"A trap for anyone who wants to get in, hm?" he mused out loud and looked around, and then looked back to the pillars.

He then decided to just leave it to Dwyrin and Rei. Don't want to waste unnecessary energy...

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:56 am

A trap?? She hadn't even considered that. Perhaps it was just an off day. Or perhaps it was because she hadn't eaten yet today. Either way, she was open to ideas. The floor was also a likely place for a door to have been made. If it's not out in the open, they must be hiding something..

"What sort of trap??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:05 am

"Excellent question," Rei said, smiling. She doubted there were any traps around this place. She walked around a pillar and stopped, arms crossed, looking at Zane and Dwyrin. "What kind of traps?"

She had hardly finished speaking when the ground began to shake violently. "Who did what?" she shouted.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:22 am

"I've no idea what traps it could have," he said. "But this is ancient grounds. I doubt this place would make things easier for infiltrators - or raiders - to get in, yeah?"

He touched the pillar for no reason at all; he was glad he did when the ground shook, giving him something for support.

That was when the pillar suddenly crumbled, almost making him fall. "What the hell," and in a split second, they all fell down, the ground breaking beneath them and all possible grounds to use as leverage disintegrated. Again?!

At the bottom, there was an entrance, but it was too dark to see inside.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 am

Coughing and sputtering, waving dust and dirt away from her face, Dwyrin stood and squinted around. There was sunlight shining down from above, but other than that, it was dark. Rei and Zane were both moving about in the rubble. "Are you guys alright??" she asked, rubbing her forehead.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:44 am

"Alright? Alright?" Rei said, struggling slightly to remove the earth and stone that hand landed on top of her. "I am sick and tired of the ground I'm standing on suddenly disappearing! I've nearly fallen off a mountain twice, been killed by a maniac, and now I'm in a hole in the ground. I have dirt in places I didn't know dirt could get in and my automail is completely shot. I'm tired of it!"

She shouted in frustration and kicked at a stone, sending it bouncing off a wall into a pile of rubble somewhere in the distance. She panted a moment, rubbing her hand over her face. She leaned against a wall of the room they were now in and ran her hand through her hair. "Sorry, that was unneces--" She stopped herself, looking straight ahead.

Through the dusty air she could see a large doorway. In the half-light, it was simple a large gaping mass of darkness. Rei could make out one thing clearly, however. There was a pair of shining eyes watching them from the other side of the doorway and the owner was panting - hissing? - quite loudly.

"Oh..... crap."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:57 am

Zane didn't really mind Rei's outburst. Really. He understood. Whoever messed up with the ground really should be kicked and be buried alive. He just hoped that the ground wouldn't give in any further.

He sighed as he dusted himself off and stood up from the ground. Hearing the word crap in a tone of worry, he turned his gaze towards Rei then to the doorway.

Glowing eyes? He could hear a clicking sound as if it were from pincers. The hissing sound turned into a growling one, louder and louder.

It didn't move but it kept making sounds that were more than painful to the ears, and little - what the hell, are those crabs!? - came from below, swarming them by their feet.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 am

Glad she was wearing boots, she aimed a kick at the first crab that made it to her. It went flying into the darkness, making a satisfying cracking noise and she readied herself for more.

They had been in the slightly-dimmer-than-outside light for a few minutes, when she realized her eyes had adjusted and she could see the faint outline of the thing - that was all she could call it - in the door. It looked like a snake...Or maybe a bird of some sort. In any case, it was massive and its bulk took up the entirety of the space it occupied.

After a few more well placed stomps, she kicked a crab and it made a dull thud instead of the usual clatter. The thing in the doorway moved.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:15 am

Rei took a step back, hearing a crunch beneath her booted foot as she did so. She ignored it and looked over at Zane and Dwyrin. She took some comfort in that neither of them knew what was going on, either. She contemplated firing lightning at the thing, but the chances of something worse happening were pretty high at this point.

"I can't see one; is there another door the other way?" Rei said quietly, having backed up enough to be near Zane.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:30 am

Zane looked back and felt the wall. It didn't seem as hard as the ground so perhaps it was hollow? It was a good enough of a risk, better than none. The crabs by his feet irritated him but he just stepped on one for no reason other than annoyance.

The thing stepped in towards them, revealing a huge lobster - bigger than them three by a few feet - and one of its pincers had a some sort of star carved on it. "Dwy, I think... the wall behind us is hollow. I think," he said, not taking his eyes off the huge piece of crustacean. "I think it could be our way out. Or trap us in there. I can't think right now though."

More appalled than worried, Zane looked at the two who seemed to be just as weirded out as him. He continued to back up and leaned on the wall. "So what do you want to do?"

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 am

She stared, open-mouthed, at the lobster...thing. It was huge. But more than that - How had I ever thought it might have been a snake??

Dwyrin nodded at Zane's suggestion about the wall behind them being hollow. She took a few steps back and found that they were all now pressed against the it, trying to get as far from the lobster-thing as possible. It clicked it's pinchers menacingly and started in with that awful hissing/growling/panting noise it made. She tugged Rei's sleeve, feeling useless. "Hey...Open the wall??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Rei nodded, mouth open as she stared at the creature. "I need to, um, look at the wall to do that. Watch my back," she breathed. She stood a moment longer, watching as the lobster began making its way toward them. With some difficulty she tore her eyes off the creature and turned to face the wall. She grabbed her left hand and placed the palm against the wall; the premade transmutation circle was better than trying to draw a new one.

She stopped, a thought occurring. There might be more of these things on the other side of the wall. "There may not be," she thought firmly, activating her alchemy. A hole - literally a round hole two feet off the ground - just large enough for the three to enter opened in the stone. It was entirely dark inside, but it was better than out here. "We're good," she said, entering the hole.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:50 pm

"Let's go," and he dragged Dwyrin inside the hole then went inside after, rather hurriedly as the lobster-thing followed them. It made gurgling sounds, irritated it seems and tried to snap at them but they were able to move back just enough for it not to reach them.

It wouldn't fit the hole but it kept trying to make it bigger. In front of them was a tunnel - it was really dark; it didn't look like the exit was anywhere near.

He looked back to the lobster. Well, there goes dinner.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 pm

A large inhale caused Des to open his eyes. He coughed a few times and his hands went frantic to find the holes in his chest. Nothing was there. Stained spots of what looked to be green and purple blood lie across his chest. Des took a whiff of air and smelt booze. Where had Rei, Dwyrin, and Zane gone? Who boozed him up? All these questions mattered little to him. He was alive once more.

"I'm alive. This is beyond natural powers."

Des looked at his hands which were shaking, he eyes started to flutter but he closed them to stop. When he opened his eyes again, they began to zoom in on random objects."

"Great, still zooming. I'm not human. What about me and Re-"

Des stopped his mouth from uttering the last of the sentence and stretched his muscles out.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 am

Two options here. Lobster-thing food, or dark, scary tunnel... At least the tunnel might lead to something good. She put her left hand on the left wall and headed away from the slowly widening hole.

After stumbling in the dark for a few minutes - long enough to not be able to hear the creature behind them, and long enough to be irritated at stubbing her toes - Dwyrin stopped. "Does anyone have some sort of light??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:43 am

"Nope," Rei muttered, stopping as she heard Dwyrin stop. "We're great explorers; fall into the ruins and not have a light." She looked about a moment before turning to Zane hopefully.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:25 am

"Hm," Zane thought for a while. "No, don't have one." He continued to walk on, hoping that there were no holes or whatever wherever he's walking to.

He wish he had though. It was rather irritating to walk blindly ahead, in a layout he had no idea of.

The further he walked, the more splashing sounds he heard. It didn't take a second further to realize that the floor was wet.

Last edited by Zane on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:17 am

Des finished stretching out his muscles and clenched his fists. He stripped away the bloody military garbs and let the air hit his scarred body. He looked at his chest area and noticed there was nothing but a large 'x'. He shrugged it off knowing he was alive again. He picked up the gun he shot himself with and made his way back up to the top of the Sacred Grounds.

"Got to find Rei."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:35 am

Her fingertips were sore from being run along the rough stone wall. And now her boots were wet. She sloshed through a couple more feet of water when she realized it wasn't getting any more shallow.

"How much deeper do you think this water gets?? I hope we're not trapped, now."

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:53 am

"Oh, we're probably stuck here until we die," Rei said, dragging herself out of a hole in the floor she had managed to find. She was now soaked up to her chest. "The question now is how long it'll take 'til we reach that point."

She was silent a moment as they trudged along. "Am I losing my mind in the darkness or is it getting lighter?"
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:57 am

Zane walked through the water, it really was getting deeper. Reaching to almost to his chest, he sighed, keeping quiet about his opinions.
I'm hungry.

At Rei's comment, however, he looked straight ahead. It was faint, but there was definitely light. "Way out," he said.

In a short distance, something splashed and the water rippled. He had hoped it was just a fish but the next splash was a bit too much for one little fish.

Zane

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:10 am

Dwyrin froze at the sound of the splash. Unconsciously, she took a step backwards and bumped into Rei. She mumbled a quick apology. Absurdly, the thought that Rei still had her remaining folder hit her, and she wondered if it was a ruined mess by now. Probably. Then there was a second, louder splash and she started thinking of any possible way they could defend themselves in the shoulder-high water.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: