Fullmetal Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred Grounds

+3
SamSeven
Yoyo
Destinykil
7 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Sacred Grounds - Page 2 Empty Re: Sacred Grounds

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:56 am

The one she saw slid. Then she recognized Rei's jacket and ran out from behind any cover she may have had. She needed to get to her before Rei got back to Des. Sure that Zane would catch up, she ran up the slope a bit until she was sure she could reach. Not physicsally of course -

She slipped off her ring, and made the familiar circle, then shoved her fingers into the rocky earth. The grit around her loosened and she saw a ripple of loose rock, heading for Rei. Small pebbles were starting to tumble around her and she hoped she didn't take down the whole cliff by accident.

SamSeven

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:06 am

Rei looked up the hill from where she just fell. She saw Des - how did he know she fell? - and assumed he was telling her to take his outstretched hand; her ears were ringing and she could not hear him clearly. She started to roll over onto her knees to take his hand, but her left arm refused to move properly. "Fantastic, the automail's screwed up."

Suddenly, the ground beneath her began to loosen drastically. It happened so quickly that Rei had no time to grab anything holding firm - there was nothing firm - and slid down the mountainside with it. She could do nothing but hope it did not carry her off a cliff.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:10 am

Des' eyes widened as Rei slipped away from him. He couldn't believe it. Was this a time to be human and save someone's life?

"Don't give up Rei, I haven't."

Des removed his foot from the ground and jumped off the side of the cliff. He felt the air breeze through his hair. Soon the gravity forced him to fall down. Des knew it was most likely a life and death situation so he only had one chance. He pulled out a gun and loaded a larger than normal clip into it. He pointed it down and began shooting the dirt. bullet after bullet making a mark, yes it soon came together. A mutation circle made from bullet impacts!

Des fell towards it and readied his hands.

"All or nothing..."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:41 am

She saw another figure - Must be Des - jump after Rei. But it was too late. Rei had been swept just about to the edge of a small drop by the time Des was in place for his alchemy. Dwyrin was right beneath where Rei was about to fall.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:47 am

Rei saw a drop-off coming and the shadow of a person - what? - on the ground near her. "Oh, not good," she muttered as she grew closer to the drop. She tried to reach out to transmute something, but only succeeded in jerking her arm about awkwardly, hitting herself in the nose in the process.

"Cursed piece of junk," she said, just before reaching the drop. She fell over it, becoming mixed up more in the loose earth as she did.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:50 am

Des watched as the crude alchemy circle faded into the dirt avalanche. He grinned and fell past Rei and what seemed to be Dwyrin. As he passed Rei, he smiled and gave her a two finger salute. Des dropped fast and soon came in contact with the earth. The loud thumb and sound of bones breaking pierced the noise barriers. A large cloud of dirt encircled him and he coughed up blood onto his chest.

"G-G-God D-Dam-Dammit. G-Gravity...b-lows."

Des closed his eyes and let the pain sink into his body.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 am

Dwyrin's attention was distraced by Des. He fell past Rei, as if he was much heavier than she. Only a pebble brought her attention back to the immediate problem, and then she couldn't even move. Rei fell heavily on her. They both smashed into the ground, sliding slightly and the impact was jarring. They skidded to an odd, tangled stop. Dwyrin coughed. "That worked mostly like I hoped it would. You alright??" she asked Rei.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 am

"I think I have several rocks down my shirt and enough dirt to bury Des in my shoes, but otherwise I'm fine," Rei said, spitting dirt out of her mouth. She wiped at her nose, finding dirt sticking to her face thanks to a bloody nose.

"Thanks for the, uh, distraction," she said quietly, extricating herself from the two-person people-pile that was Dwyrin and herself.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

Des lie there motionlessly. He knew he broke quite a few bones but he didn't want to move.

"Pffft, this is what I get for trying to save someone. How foolish."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 am

"Distraction??" she asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well, something like that, maybe."

Looking around she wondered what had happened to Zane, he couldn't be that far away. But what mattered was that he couldn't see them at the moment. She edged over to the steeper part of the slope and looked at Des. He was down at least 50 feet. He'd be there for a second, at least

She turned to Rei once more, groping her shirt. "Can I trust you??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:31 am

Rei grabbed her left arm, feeling for external damage that had caused her automail to stop working properly. She found none and muttered angrily to herself. She looked up at Dwyrin at her question. She nodded silently, curious why she had asked such a question. "I probably should have asked before answering. Oh well."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:36 am

Des' eyes opened to see the sky and only the sky. He tried shifting his eyes around but no go, hurt to much. He stared at the sky and the occasional flying bird.

"Rei, best come get me."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 am

Not giving Rei a chance to second-guess herself, she ripped the remaining folder out of her shirt, and thrust it at Rei. "Hold onto this. Don't let Zane know you have it. Or him, obviously," she said, gesturing at Des.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:45 am

Rei took the folder without remark. With some difficulty she tucked in her blouse and stuffed the folder in the back of her shirt. Why she was so willing to help Dwyrin, she had no idea. Loyalty, stupidity, adventure - all were valid possibilities at this point. She sighed and looked down at Des.

"Think we should help him get up here?" she said, turning to stand profile to Dwyrin. "I'd do it on my own but I'd probably give myself another nosebleed."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:46 am

"GOD DAMMIT REI! I know you are up there, come get me! ARRRGGG!"
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 am

Zane watched from afar, not interested in helping. He was just there to watch, anyway. And he didn't like doing more than what was worth the pay.

Zane

Stats & Info
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:52 am

Dwyrin looked at Rei, then down at Des once more. The wind up here, tugged at her clothes and hair, and she brushed a wayward strand out of her face.

"As much as I'd love to lend you my aid, how can I?? Is he armed??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:56 am

Rei shrugged. "He dropped a gun while we were up there, but I sort of left before he did," - she smiled at Dwyrin - "so I don't know if he picked it back up or not. Knowing him he probably had about a million other guns on him, anyway."

She sighed and scratched the back of her head. "I can probably get him up here with my alchemy, but it's the fact that he could be armed that concerns me. Still got that gun he gave you?"
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:59 am

"Damn women."

Des tried to move his arms but they felt like rubber. He groaned at the pain and continued to lie there awaiting for some form of help.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am

Getting bored, Zane went down where Rei and Dwyrin were. "Yo," he greeted, looking down to where Des was. "You two are pretty merciless to him, hm?"

As for him, he was too lazy to do any helping.

Zane

Stats & Info
Power: Dagger
Secondary: Ice Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by zergio Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 am

[editted due to new rule. Apologies]

Last edited by zergio on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
zergio
zergio

Stats & Info
Power: Sniper Rifle
Secondary: Machine Gun

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:14 am

"There you are," she said, strangely relieved to see that Zane hadn't wandered off or something.

Suddenly she realized all three of them were standing there looking over a ledge at a man who was lying, possibly helpless, on the ground many feet below them. "One of us should head down there??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:26 am

[ Funny how I was changing the rule about the time it needed to be enforced... Seriously, weird... ]

"Go down there or find a way to get him up here." Rei looked at Dwyrin, then Zane, then down at Des. "I volunteer Zane if we send somebody down. I'm sure they'll have a lovely time. Maybe they can have tea."

"Where did that come from?"
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:33 am

Des frowned and rolled over screaming in pain. He definitely broke a few ribs, arms, and possibly his ankle. Luckily for him, his vertebrae was intact. Des pushed his head against the ground to try to elevate himself to his knees but no go. He only ended up eating dirt.

"SONUVABITCH! AHHHHH! DAMMIT!"

Des' rage exploded like a bullet leaving the chamber.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:03 am

Zane gave them a flat look. "Well, you're th strongest one here, aren't you?? Manly and all," she pointed out with a shrug.

She peered at Des, again. "Ooooi!!" she yelled, cupping her hands around her mouth. "I can help you, if you don't try to kill me!!" She still had the gun Des had carelessly thrown at her feet. With the thought of helping someone, she looked at Rei, who was holding herself awkwardly. "Are you sure you're alright??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: