Fullmetal Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilderness

+7
kotaro7914
Kinai
Shadowed Glass
Yoyo
Toshii
SamSeven
Destinykil
11 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wilderness - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilderness

Post by Toshii Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:56 am

"Ooooooh, a gun." Tosh said dropping the doe and wandering over to Des.
Toshii
Toshii

Stats & Info
Stats: 5
Power: Wind Alchemy
Secondary: Hurricane Fang (sword)

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 am

There was a ruslte in the bushes slightly to her left. She turned her head to look, and nearly kissed the muzzle of an MP5.

"Didn't I say not to follow me? The great library is back towards Central. While you're there, stop by the Bookstore above a bakery and return this for me."

She set her jaw and stared at Des. The nerve. Shoving a gun in her face and then asking favors. She had every right to throw it back at him. She glanced down at the book, and it's title made her change her mind.

"I will, thank you for your warm generosity."
She curtsied mockingly "Have an excellent evening."

SamSeven

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 am

Des grinned at her, such an odd response to such a threat. He noticed the weird female coming closer to his weapon.

"You stop, don't come any closer. Go with her!"

Des holstered his gun and ran towards the darkness disappearing from sight.

(Exit)
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshii Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:16 am

Tosh looked and examined the gun, really amazed by it. She blinked at Des as he disappeared. Then picked up the defunct doe, slinging it over her shoulder. "Well, bye stranger! Nice meeting ya!" Tosh said before walking off whistling happily at her catch.

[ I'm heading out byes Very Happy ]
Toshii
Toshii

Stats & Info
Stats: 5
Power: Wind Alchemy
Secondary: Hurricane Fang (sword)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 am

Rei, Des, and Dwyrin are driving down an abandoned road in a stolen military vehicle. Dwyrin and Rei are injured and tired, having narrowly escaped a run-in with soldiers in an abandoned military base. Des appears to be fine; he has documents he originally went to the base for.

---

'Damn right, got the files, killed some people, lets get out of here.'

Rei's eyes grew wide as the words sank in. "'Killed some people'," she repeated slowly. She promptly regretted giving him the gun she had stolen off a soldier early on during their adventure. "There was no need to kill anybody! Dwyrin and I got out of there without a single casualty!"
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 am

Des looked at Rei and stopped the car. He lowered the window and tossed his gun out.

"HAPPY? No more gun. It wasn't easy. You kept taking off so I figured I would find them myself and if someone interfered they suffered."

Des looked back at Dwyrin and snickered. He then turned his attention back to Rei and sighed.

"Ok here's what happened. After you took off, I realized that following you wasn't the best idea or being sneaky so I went the other way. Just like when I started out, I remembered the entrances and exits to where I needed to go. At a few random points I saw you and Dwyrin but just wanted to get the files and leave. Soldiers or whatever they were stood in my way so I quietly took them out and disarmed them. I watched you two every step of the way, except for when I left the base. I knew you could handle it. I don't know what files Dwyrin has back there, but i'd like them."

Des outstretched his hand to the back seat where DWyrin sat and awaited for the papers to enter his hands.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 am

The thought that Des had followed them unnerved her. She was certain she would have noticed him. Then the flaws in his story formed and she was able to ignore the matter. "'Random points' and 'every step' my foot."

Rei grabbed Des' hand and shoved it back at him. Dwyrin would refuse to hand over the papers and she hardly needed a fight on her hands. Her leg twinged with pain as she moved, but she ignored it.

"Just because the gun is gone doesn't mean the deaths you caused are erased," she snapped. "There was no reason for it. You don't even know who they were!"
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Dwyrin met Des' reflected stare in the rear view mirror, and mastered the urge to smirk as Rei shoved his hand away.

She looked away and took the opportunity to examine their surroundings. The car was a bit shabby inside, but it was warm and roomy. Her arm was bleeding a bit more than she had thought, she noticed, so she balled up the corner of her jacket and clamped it over where the glass had dug a nice gash.

Rei looked angry. She could understand why. Des had spoken of the lives of people as though they were nothing. He had been so casual. Needless death was repulsive. Those people had families, dreams, life ambitions...
Well, if their ambitions were so important they should have found a less dangerous way to go about it, huh?? And they could have chosen to back down... She understood that, also.

As they drove, she continued to ponder and half-listen to the conversation going on in the front seat.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 am

"Listen Rei, i'm Military, we are trained to kill and I don't lose sleep over it. Calm down, they opposed me and now they suffer. We are we going?"

Des smiled and winked at Rei as if killing was just a normal activity. He peered back through the mirror every now and then to watch Dwyrin.

"..So..where are those files?"
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:44 pm

Rei glared angrily at the man before leaning back in her seat. She crossed her arms and stared out the windshield. "Stupid," she thought, annoyed. "There's no changing his mind."

Her leg was beginning to throb. Glancing down she saw that her pant leg was glistening. "Blood on black." She tore off part of her shirt and tied it tightly around her shin to stop the bleeding.

She contemplated going to sleep, but she knew Des and Dwyrin would as soon kill each other as give her the time of day. She sat back, watching both out of the corner of her eye.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Des halted the car and placed it in park. He lowered all the windows and pulled out two guns.

"Dwyrin, tie the seatbelt across your chest and don't move, I will shoot. Rei, you do the same. No time for playing."

Des pointed the guns at both women. He knew even if they attacked him the short distance from the gun barrel to their heads gave him ample time to shoot.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:28 pm

Dwyrin stared defiantly at Des. This was becoming a habit; having a gun in her face. An irritating one. A situation, she realized, that was not easily avoidable once you were in it.

Mililtary... This is why I can't stand them. Forcing their will on everyone. Using guns instead of their brains. Making my job harder than it needs to be. I KNEW this was a bad idea. Poor Rei. I should have walked.

She carefully schooled her features into a blank, untelling expression and crossed her left foot over her right knee.After a momnet of groping for the seatbelt, she laughed out loud.

"There's no seatbelt back here," she said with as little mirth as she could manage.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Rei frowned as Des stopped the car. She brought her leg up, foot on the seat beside her. Her hand was just in the top of her boot when Des pointed his gun at her head. It was close, so she had no room to maneuver. Keeping her right hand by her boot, she reached for her seat-belt with her left.

'There's no seatbelt back here.' Des' attention was directed at the back seat, so Rei quickly used her alchemy to detach hers and hope he did not hear it drop to the floor.

"There's not one here, either," she said calmly, though she fought a smile that tugged at the corner of her mouth.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Dwyrin seized the opportunity, the moment Rei spoke. The windows were open, she just hoped Rei would pick up on her strategy.

She pressed the little seat release tab with her right foot, and flung her left forward into the back of Military Mans seat, jolting him forward, and throwing his guns out of position.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Des jolted forward and the guns flew away from their faces. He placed them back into his holsters and rolled up the windows quickly along with turning on the child safety locks to prevent any hasty escae. He turned the heat on full power and stared at them blankly before saying anything.

"Rei, i've become fond of you accompanying me and such. But this growing bond between you and this Resistance filth is doubting my judgement to trust you. Those are military files and you know me. Dwyrin, I ask that you please hand over the papers, otherwise we will all sit here in this heat until you two become dehydrated and pass out. I have a tolerance."

Des crossed his arms and kept his gaze affixed on both Rei and Dwyrin. He didn't like threatening Rei ever since she was one of the only friends he had. Dwyrin he paid no emotion to because she had resistance ties, in his mind at least.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 pm

Rei watched as Des fly forward and had nearly pulled the knife in her boot out, but had stopped when Des simply put his weapons away. She sat in silence, hand on her knife, as Des explained the situation. Rei looked back to Dwyrin, then Des. She had no doubt the man was able to resist the heat as he said; she had no idea how well Dwyrin would fair. As for herself, she was most at home in the heat.

She leaned back in her seat and pulled her injured leg up under her, wrapped both hands around her weapon. She looked at Des calmly. "And then what? You can get Dwyrin's papers, I suppose, but then you'd be left with two unconscious women that will not be happy when they wake up. Dump us in the wilderness somewhere? Perhaps you'd kill us poor defenseless girls. Do tell us your plan."

She was unsure what she was trying to do. She wanted to protect Dwyrin from Des, certainly, but she hardly wanted to advance or hinder either side; she cared little which side prevailed in the end, as long as it meant peace. She watched Des, Dwyrin in her peripheral vision. And idea occurred to her then; she simply waited for her chance to act.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Well, not what I expected, but at least his gun is away.

She smiled at Rei's logic. Did he really think she would just hand over the files??

"You're being foolish," she said to Des, "You, Amestrian, will tire of the heat before either of us do. She is clearly Ishvalan - they are desert people, and I'm from far south of your country. Besides, what makes you think I kept the files instead of just destroying them like I did to the rest??" Technically, she hadn't been the one who lit the room on fire, but she didn't want Des to turn on Rei.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am

Des sighed as he realized everything Dwyrin had said was true. He couldn't risk opening the windows for they would try to escape. He slumped his head down taking his gaze off Rei and Dwyrin. He realized they could take advantage of this moment but he didn't care anymore. He just wanted to keep Rei safe.

Des released the childlocks and cracked the windows open. He waved his hand in a 'shoo-ing' motion to both Rei and Dwyrin while avoiding contact.

"I won't keep you here. Go if you will, I have no desire to hurt you Rei and Dwyrin, you are stubborn as a mule. Useless banter will get us nowhere."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:42 am

Rei's frown deepened. She would have suspected it to be a trick, but she was unsure that Des was the type to use trickery rather than force. She was also unsure about what to do. She could remain with Des since she had simply stopped him from harming Dwyrin; she was not an enemy - in so many words. However, she could hardly abandon Dwyrin. "Well, I could, but it wouldn't feel right."

Her eyes flickered from Des to Dwyrin, then back to Des. She took a deep breath, unmoving, absorbing the sudden silence. She would wait to see what Dwyrin did before making a decision. "Or perhaps a move."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am

It had to be a trick. Had to be...

Well, maybe not. Why would he pretend to let me go if he's not actually going to??

After thinking through her options she realized that if she got out and walked - one of three things was going to happen. She was either going to be followed and killed by the people from the base, die of hypothermia, or somehow make it somewhere safe, and lay low until she could make her way back to Central. And dying wasn't an option. She had things to do. She looked at his downcast eyes and it occured to her that, in Des' seemingly unguarded moment, she would probably be fast enough to drive the titanium spike she had been concealing into his throat and be done with it.

But she didn't.

"I'm glad you see things my way, Military," she said instead, "Useless posturing will get us nowhere. But do you know what may get us somewhere?? This car and my brain, hopefully. If you guarantee us safe passage to a place that's not the middle of nowehere, I'll leave you with a good bit of information that you may be interested in. A trade, if you will??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:09 am

Des gave her a quick look and started up the engine. His ears perked up and he looked out the rearview mirror to see a vehicle approaching them rather quickly.

"Done...deal....where to?"

The pauses in his voice we that of disgrace for siding with a Resistance member but he couldn't do anything about it.

The vehicle drew closer and bullets began to hit the back of the car they were in. Des revved the engine and sped away zipping through trees and blowing snow from out under the tires.

"Where to!"
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 am

As the car raced forward, Rei braced herself by putting her right foot on the dashboard in front of her. She turned, watching the car behind them. The near-constant thudding of bullets hammering into their car echoed in her ears. She narrowed her eyes, then looked at Dwyrin. It was she and Des who were in charge here. She was just a passenger along for the ride.

"And throw a little lightning and alchemy around when necessary."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 am

She heard bullets slam into the car and threw herself down against the seat.

'Where to?!' Des shouted. Well... She hadn't really thought that far ahead. Her mind fumbled about for a safe location to be dropped off. Safe for everyone. She wondered if there were any wilderness camps around here. A bullet tore through the rear window.

"Central," she decided. She hoped to be out of the car a bit before they actually hit the city, but for now they just needed a direction. "Come at it from the east!"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:33 am

Des sneered and drifted around one of the trees, he spun the car around and headed directly towards the bullet fire.

"Rei, grab the wheel."

Before Des gave her a chance to respond he let go and popped out the window. He withdrew his guns and began to shoot at the car coming at them. Each bullet flew by him and he grew more ready. He fired off in quick succession and managed to pierce the front two tires and one of the men in the passenger side seat.

"Bullzeye! Kill 'em all I say!"

Des went trigger happy and kept unloading bullet after bullet into the vehicle ready to collide with them. His last bullet flew into the hood of the car and it began to smoke.

"Aha, prepare to burn!"

Des dropped back into his seat and grabbed the wheel once more.

"Thanks for the help Rei, good thing the car drove steady."

Des whipped the car around another 180 degrees and sped off quickly before the enemy car exploded. The distance between them spread pretty hastily and a large orange plume of fire rose into the air. Des affixed his eyes on the rear-view mirror to watch as they died.

"Serves them right."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:48 am

Rei grabbed onto the back of the seat and the handle of the car door in desperation as Des swung the car around and began driving toward the enemy vehicle. As a bullet crashed through the windshield, she ducked, laying on the seat. "What the heck do you think you're doing?" she shouted.

'Rei, grab the wheel.'

She looked up only to find Des half-way out the window. She let out a squeak of shock as she dove for the wheel, trying to keep it straight. She was too low in the seat to see where they were going, so she just kept the steering wheel straight and prayed that they all survived.

Rei squeaked again and scrambled to get out of the way as Des sat back down, trying to avoid getting sat on. As he straightened the car, she attempted to sit up. "Are you trying to get us killed?" she yelled, fear and anger mixing to form a new emotion. "You could have just asked me to stop them!" She held up her left hand to explain her point, then sat back and crossed her arms, not bothering to bother point out that he had just killed more people. "And now I'm grumpy."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next