Fullmetal Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilderness

+7
kotaro7914
Kinai
Shadowed Glass
Yoyo
Toshii
SamSeven
Destinykil
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wilderness - Page 3 Empty Re: Wilderness

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:07 am

Dwyrin sat upright once more and stared out the back window at the rapidly burning vehicle. No one had gotten out. She couldn't figure out how she felt about that. Oddly, she was somewhat impressed. Blowing out both front tires while in a moving automobile had been quick and efficient thinking on Des' part. Not to mention, his aim had to have been flawless.

But did he really have to kill them??
Why not?? Our pursuers would have done the same. Now, they cannot follow, or go back to report. It was the safest way to assure our escape.

A vague sense of malaise encompassed her as she debated, and a chilly silence fell over the car.

SamSeven

Stats & Info
Stats: 0
Power: Basic Alchemy
Secondary: none

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:11 am

Des' stare was like stone as he drove the car full of bullet holes. He eyes rarely escaped the look at Rei and Dwyrin.

"So Central huh? Sounds good to me."

That's all Des said as the car grew silent until a buzzing sound started to ring in his ears. Des waved his hand in front of his face and things started to go blurry. He soon slumped his head down and hit the steering wheel. He passed out from over adrenaline. The car started to swerve left and right narrowly avoiding trees.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info
Power: MP5k w/silencer
Secondary: Earth Alchemy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 am

Rei stared out the window silently, annoyed. She grew even more annoyed as the treeline began moving toward her. It moved away shortly so she ignored it until it became obvious that they were swerving. She looked up at Des to find him unconscious in his seat. She cursed slightly as she dove on top of him, grabbing the steering wheel.

"Dwyrin, I can't drive this thing with this lump here. Can you get him moved at all?" she shouted over her shoulder. She was leaning on her injured leg and it was beginning to throb. "This guy passes out at the least provocation."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info
Stats: 7
Power: Lightning Alchemy
Secondary: Daggers

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:42 am

Dwyrin sat forward and slipped her hands between Des and the seat, grabbing him under the shoulders. She heaved backwards with all the leverage she could manage in the cramped space of the car. Grunting a bit - he was heavier than he looked - she slowly slid him sort of sideways, between the two front seats, into the back with her. She was stuck with his upper half across her lap, and his legs sticking awkwardly over the center console. Not thinking, she dropped his shoulders to pull his feet out of Rei's way, and his head hit the door with a solid 'thunk'. He didn't stir.

"Oops," she stated simply, and continued to manuver until he was laying on the seat and she was in an uncomfortable half-kneel/crouch on the backseat floor. He was out cold.

But why?? This happened in our last encounter as well. There was an intense situation, and then - bam - out he went. He must be a berserker, or something, she thought, while systematically checking his pockets. There were lots of guns on him - so many she had no idea how he had hidden them. She detached them from their various holdings and tossed them into the front seat.

"Hey," she adjusted her position and turned her head to look at Rei in the rear-view, "have you ever noticed anything...strange.. about him?? Besides the obvious, I mean."

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 am

All Des could dream about in his mind is how Dwyrin would finish him off. He flashbacked to everytime he passed out. He never knew what happened. Maybe it had something to do with the failed super soldier experiments when he first joined. Maybe it was genetic. All Des could do was ponder in his unconscious state.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 am

As Dwyrin got Des out of the driver's seat, Rei slid in, finally able to take control of the car. "You can come up here so you don't have Mr. Military Man in your lap," she said as the last of Des' guns landed in the seat beside her. She was surprised that he had hidden all of those weapons on him.

"You'd have to define strange. He's the definition of strange as far as I'm concerned." She paused and looked at Dwyrin in the rear view mirror. "Why do you ask? "
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:09 am

"He's not..." she stared at Des for a moment. She couldn't really put it into words.

"I don't know," she finished after an extended pause, "just curious."

Almost as an afterthought, she placed two fingers on his pulse to make sure he hadn't just keeled over in the front seat. It was there, slow but steady.

Satisfied, Dwyrin climbed into the front seat and settled in beside Rei.

"How's your leg??"

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:13 am

Des' mind threw itself out of proportion. Flashbacks kept coming and going, piecing together fragments from different memories. In his own mind, he was going insane. He then recalls his induction into the military. He remembers being hand selected for a new program called "SS" Before the images could become vivid, it all faded and Des was staring into blackness. Was this what they called fear?

"I've never experienced this. What is Fear?"
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 am

Rei raised an eyebrow at Dwyrin's unfinished thought, but did not push. "Sore," she said simply, glancing down at her leg. "How's your arm?"

Simple conversation was all Rei was feeling capable of. Too many thoughts and unanswered questions raced through her mind for her to deal with. She had barely thought Des was any different from any other military person, but Dwyrin's questioning was beginning to make her wonder if that was true.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:31 am

"Well," Dwyrin sighed airily, "it could be worse, I'm sure." She placed her hands in her lap and leaned her head back against the seat. "Imagine what might have happened if there hadn't been someone conveniently making holes in the floor, for me."

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:34 am

Des began to struggle within his own mind. Nothing was happening anymore. Just black. Every now and then a flash would show him a scene from his childhood but nothing major.

"Let me wake up. I am the Platinum Fist of the Military. All Shall Perish."

Des let those words echo throughout his mind over and over.
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 am

"I'm sure you would have found a way without me," Rei laughed, somewhat embarrassed. She stared at the road silently a moment, then added quietly, "Though I have to admit, I haven't had as much fun in a long time."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:52 am

She couldn't help it
She smiled. "I know what you mean."

As if to kill the cheer of the moment, the car started jolting and making puttering noises. Dwyrin cocked her head to the side to see the gas meter.
It was empty.
Of course.

"I guess he couldn't have found a car with a full tank, huh??" she said, turning to glare irritatedly Des.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:55 am

Des spurt up and his body shook, trickles of blood slid down his cheeks onto his neck. His back arched up before falling back down. More blood spewed from his mouth and landed all over his face.

"I feel my body moving but i'm not physically there, what's going on?"
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:04 am

Rei pulled off to the side of the road before the car died completely and looked back at Des with Dwyrin. Her eyes widened at the sight of the blood. "What the..." she said, vaulting over the seat as best she could in the cramped space.

She checked his pulse and found that it was higher than she thought it should have been. She saw no blood on his clothes other than what he had spit up, so he appeared to have no wounds that he was reacting to.

"Don't suppose you have any medical knowledge that you'd be willing to impart?" Rei asked cautiously. "I'd rather he not die here."
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:14 am

"I do. A little! But, this isn't normal!" she cast about for something useful, but there was nothing. People didn't just cough up blood without an internal injury. "Turn him on his side, at least, so he doesnt drown in his own blood," she said while reaching to the floor to grab one of the discarded guns - just in case.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 am

Des shook around a bit before settling down. His eyes bolted open and he reached for both Rei and Dwyrin's necks. His eyes were a golden color. They were almost burning with the flames of mystery.

"All shall perish."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 am

Rei squeaked in shock. She was stuck between the back seat and the front, unable to get maneuver well enough to get away. She grabbed the hand reaching for her with her left hand and released a flash of lightning, just enough to cause him to lose control of that arm.

"What the heck is going on?!"
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:37 am

I KNEW it! I KNEW IT! I knew he wasn't normal!

She had just begun turning back toward the back seat when the Des-thing had reached for them. She didn't see it until he had her in his grip. But that was fine. The hand holding the gun came around and landed with the tip of the barrel directly over his heart. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Rei's horrified expression and, in the last second before firing, she slid her aim to his left shoulder. The bullet punched through his shoulder and into the seat under him. Des dropped his grip on her and she threw the car door open, pulling Rei out behind her.

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 am

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!~"

Des screamed to the heavens and tilted his head to see Dwyrin and Rei leaving the car. He slowly rose to his knees, reached around to the front seat and grabbed a few guns. He took one of the gun barrels and fired several shots into the ground to heat the tip. He proceeded to shove the flaming tip into the bullet wound to cauterize it.

"How could you shoot me? AHH!"

Des bellowed as the heated gun cauterized his wound. He pulled the gun out of the shoulder wound and slumped the left arm down. He shoved the excess amount of guns into his jacket and raised one up at Dwyrin who was slowly moving away with Rei.

"You will not get away."

Des lowered his aim and shot at Dwyrin's feet but missed. His eyes blinked. His perfect aim gone? What was happening? He shot again and missed once more.

"Run..."
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:50 am

"Run!" Rei shouted, propelling herself as far from the car as she could get. The sound of gunshots rang through the air, spurring her to run faster. The snow impeded her speed, but she cared only to get away from the man.

When she could no longer see the car or hear Des, she finally collapsed. She leaned against a tree, shaking violently. Blood pumped through her veins noisily as she panted for air. "What the crap was that?" she gasped between breaths.
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 am

Panting, Dwyrin trudged up next to her, "I have no idea. I can tell you one thing though. He missed us."

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Destinykil Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:57 am

Des moved forward, chest puffed out and muscles rippling. The gun was smoking from all the shots he took. Des stopped and looked around. No sign of the two. He dropped the gun in the snow and flexed his muscles. The sleeves of his uniformed ripped and his arms were covered in scars of all shapes.

"COME OUT!"

Des shouted that line over and over again ready to kill the two females. Alas, after a few minutes of shouting turned around and walked back towards the car. He gathered the rest of his guns and walked the other way.

"Don't run too far ladies, the game has just begun.."

(YOYO GO TO BED)
Destinykil
Destinykil

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoyo Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:08 am

"He did miss us, didn't he?" Rei whispered as she looked up into the branches of the tree she leaned against. She was suddenly exhausted. She silently climbed the tree, subtly using alchemy to aid her. She settled on a branch and looked around, not seeing Des anywhere in the dim light.

"We aren't getting anywhere tonight. I say we jump a few trees to escape out footprints and hole up for the night. Get a good night's rest and escape in the morning." She felt odd saying it, but she was willing to accept reality sometimes. Something was wrong with Des and standing by him would result only in her death.

[ Blah, whatevs. Rei's sleeping in a tree somewhere and Yoyo's goin' to bed. G'night, guys. ]
Yoyo
Yoyo

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by SamSeven Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:14 am

"If only there was a wayward pine we could have slept in. It's cold out here," she complained, following Rei into the trees.

{out for the night, yo!}

SamSeven

Stats & Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next